Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, M'Lady!

     You should always make it easy for the gift-givers in your life to determine what to get you for a given holiday.  If you TRULY want to be surprised that's one thing, but if you have a particular something in mind, don't be coy, tell them what you'd like.  For example, I hung a picture of a certain something on the computer screen one evening, before Mother's Day, and just for good measure, I showed the picture to both of the kids first. 

     So when a little package arrived in the mail the other day, I admit, I was not surprised, but oh, the joy, when I opened it up!


     Ohhhh yummy!  It looks even better in person!  I like this because it makes a statement.  Something like, "I'll look to like, if looking liking move."  Or "O no! it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken; It is the star to every wandering bark, Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken."  Or maybe something simpler like, "M'lady, will you do me the honor of allowing me to dedicate my performance in the joust to you?" Or maybe I'm still a few centuries too modern.  All I know is, it doesn't say, "Let's order some take-out and watch T.V. tonight."


     I also liked the little romance card that came in the box with it.  Check it out:

     Like he made it just for me!  I"m not sure I like the quote, though.  "...like a night without stars..." ?

     But... the stars are the best part!  Hey, what does he know?

     His jewelry is great, as for the poetry, I'll stick to Shakespeare.  

1 comment:

  1. And, it is an original Nicky Buuuuuuttttlllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete