Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sleep is SO overrated...

3:00 a.m.  
…suddenly… inexplicably… I’m wide awake.
Why can’t I ever be this awake at 5:15 on weekdays when the alarm goes off?
It’s 3 am.  What is it with me and 3 a.m.? 
I have to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow (or is that today?) and look for that Christmas snow blanket stuff so I can make that sample light-up planet for the play.
I should fold some laundry.
I should get up and wash another load of laundry right now – Lord knows I have so much of it.
Did I charge my phone last night?
I should wrap some presents.  I should have gotten those gift cards while we were out last night.  Damn.  I have so much to do tomorrow, how am I going to get it all done?
We need more guinea pig shavings – I should start a Wal-Mart list.
Would any other teachers besides Mr. S. even want to go to our class reunion? Let’s see… who else might still be alive?
It’s Rose’s birthday on 12/16.  Wonder how she’s doing…  Hope she doesn’t drop out of school when she turns 16.  Hope she doesn’t land herself in juvie… or get pregnant. 
Get Rose a birthday card.
Gotta go to Home Depot tomorrow for some chicken wire for the planets, and then Michael’s for the battery operated lights.
Christmas card pictures.  I have to take them tomorrow.  Where the heck am I going to take them?
3:45 a.m.
May as well get up and do that laundry.
Why am I putting the dirty laundry in the dryer? 
Wonder if Costco is going to get that cranberry white chocolate cookie dough again… yum.
My neck hurts – I should make more of those microwavable warmers – damn you, broken sewing machine!
I should put on some more moisturizer…  will I get added benefits from an additional application in the middle of  the night?
How many more paydays till Christmas?  I should have gotten those damn gift cards!
Oh, I still have to collect those pine cones for girl scouts next week…  where IS my glue gun?
Should I take the Christmas card picture in the field?
I should listen to my Playaway while I’m cleaning, but then, will I later fall asleep perseverating on The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest?   Better not.
I should practice some karate…  will I EVER learn uke waza?
What should I make for dinner?
6:10 a.m.  
 Oh, I think I’m getting tired… hallelujah!
Good thing it’s Sunday. 
Good night. Or is that good morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment