Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November Sky



This afternoon at work, I overheard someone comment while looking out the window, "If that's not a November sky, I don't know what is…" and so, when I headed out to my car a short while later, I snapped this picture.

Yes, I'd say that's a November sky.  Isn't it beautiful?

Everyone talks about spring and summer days, but poets and painters... they must love November.  All that complicated light… the depth and subtlety…  How could you not appreciate it?


November is that moment in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy reaches the house in Kansas, whips open the door, struggles to get inside and manages to close the door.  It's that moment when you realize that life is huge, more powerful than you will ever be and you'd better just hold on and enjoy the ride.


Take a moment and appreciate November. 


No comments:

Post a Comment