Thursday, August 4, 2016

Boats, Boat-Talk and More Boats


This spring, we bought a small boat.  We have a bunch of friends who are boaters, and we've gone on boating days with them many times, and had a great time, but my feeling is that after a day in the sun (especially when lots of sand is involved) there comes a time when you just want to go home.  And take a shower.  And get the sand out of your...  Well, you know what I mean. 

So we bought this boat, and did a few things to it, but apparently not enough things because the engine got fried on our first trip out. Luckily, we were only about a 1/2 mile from the dock.  We limped back in and my poor husband has been looking for a replacement engine we can afford for the last month or so. (key word: afford)  He talks incessantly about engines and expects me to keep them all straight in my head.  I try to retain this info, but what I'm left with is basically, "Evinrude, .blah, blah, blah 20" shaft, blah, blah blah, Yamaha, blah, blah, fiberglass flooring, blah, blah, blah."  

For the last few weeks, we weren't finding ANYTHING but some of the marinas we've been to are quite picturesque, like the one in the picture above.  Now, suddenly it's a becoming a buyer's market again, since the boating season will be pretty much over once school starts up again in about 4 weeks. I'll miss the pretty scenes, but the boat-talk... not so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment