Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Let's Go Take Pictures...

Sailboats docked at Bellport Bay Yacht Club

It was a nice day today, although quite humid.  I've been getting a whole lotta nothing done this summer.  All school year I look forward to the summer so I can "get a lot of things done" and then when the summer comes, I talk myself into procrastinating about just about EVERYTHING - even FUN things I procrastinate because:

it's too hot
it's too humid
I don't want to start _______ and make a big mess
it requires me to spend money that I don't feel like spending
it requires me to plan ahead, and I didn't do that
I'll do it tomorrow
I should have done it last week
I have no one to do it with
I have too much to do already today
I need to clean
I need to make dinner
I should really go to the gym
now, what did I want to do?
why did I want to do that, anyway?
oh, jeez, it's too late, why start that now, I should just go to bed

Whatever the reason is, it's never a really GOOD reason.  After several days of dawdling and spending WAY too much time checking Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (for what, I don't know) I decided I needed a reset.  I don't know exactly why, but I seem to need a job list in order to function efficiently.  I made myself one first thing this morning and lo and behold, I got some stuff done.  

A photo shoot purely for fun was on my list, and my daughter is always game to go for a ride, check out a different place and maybe take some pictures.  I knew the perfect place.  



We hopped in the car and drove to Bellport Bay Yacht Club for a quick photo shoot.  

Bellport Bay Yacht Club

It was a nice day.  Windy, but nice.  Not the best day for curly haired ladies, but still lovely. 


The birds still had a great fishing day, though.  We actually watched this little guy pluck a fish right out of the water.



Bellport Bay Yacht Club

We didn't stay long, just long enough to get a taste of the salt air and pick up a few pieces of beach glass.

Bellport Bay




FINALLY, I stopped procrastinating!  Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.  

Making my list already. 







No comments:

Post a Comment