Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Between what is known and what is not known, there are doorways...


doorway in Bellport, Long Island

I am obsessed with doorways.  I've realized this over the last few years, when I've gone on picture taking outings and I've found myself looking at multiple doorway shots.  I can't help it - doors and doorways speak to me.  

Some say, "come on in" and some say, "Stay Away!" Some are casual and inviting and some are snobbish.  When my attention is caught by someone's front door, I can't help but wonder what that family's life is like inside that house.  

doorway in Bellport, Long Island

I love the exotic doorways I've seen on Pinterest - doorways from far away countries - but I also like the doorways right here in my own country, and some of the towns I know so well. 

Country doors...

Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia


... and city doors

Manhattan, New York




Manhattan, New York
"Between what is known and what is not known, there are doorways"

I found that statement about doors on Pinterest (where else?) a week or two ago and I can't stop thinking about it.  It's got a mysterious ring to it, doesn't it?  Perfect for contemplating doorways.  

I see more pictures of doorways in my future.  

Enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment