Saturday, January 5, 2019

Gratitude... In the Moment


I am totally going for this living in the moment thing.  Living in the moment, gratitude, connecting to source energy, etc, etc. I get it, and I try to do it.  So, here I am in the beginning of January and I thought to myself, instead of waiting for the perfect photo taking opportunity, I'll just take photos of whatever appeals to me RIGHT NOW.  So this afternoon, when I was about to head out to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner, I grabbed my phone, walked into the yard and found a few interesting things to take pictures of. The picture above is moss growing on a rock on the side of our driveway.  

I know people who hate moss, but I love it.  It's like outdoor carpeting.  Moss doesn't love our summer weather, but in cool and rainy seasons, it looks great.  Since we've so far had a mild but rainy winter, the moss is loving it out there.   Check out this picture below... more moss:



I was happy to see that my pot of thyme is still looking good.  I should have used it in the chicken soup I made last week, but I didn't even think to check it - I just assumed it was dead for the season.




And then I found this marvel, right there on the ground. 



...and now I'm thinking, if a bird can make this amazing piece of fabric, basically, out of twigs and string and found objects and she has just a BEAK and not even opposable digits...


 ...then I can certainly do whatever I want with my life, can't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment