Saturday, April 21, 2012

School House Rock Jr. - Show Time!


Welcome to Ms. Mizer's room, the home of School House Rock!

We had the play almost two months ago, but shortly after the play weekend, my computer died an untimely death.  We didn't get a new one right away because we were contemplating our options.  When we finally did make a purchase, we chose an iMac, and if you've switched from a windows computer to a Mac,  you know there are some differences that make certain things awkward in the beginning.  It's taken me a few weeks to find the time to figure out how to manipulate pictures in iPhoto...  not that it's difficult, (I don't want to bore you with the details) it's just different.

So finally tonight, I had some time, edited my photos (taken by someone else with my camera - I was backstage for both shows, bossing around the kids) and here they are!


Getting ready for showtime with the traditional energy circle...

The Scary Bear from the Adjective Song

The girls who play different aspects of  Ms. Mizer's personality
The girls on the left are the five people inside Ms. Mizer's head...  Ms. Mizer is worrying about what to teach her students on the first day of school... Do you like my map of the United States?  Each state is outlined in glitter glue.  Wish the lighting guys would have lit them for maximum effect...  oh well!



Like my flag, and the circulatory man?  Both were internet pictures that I printed on overhead projector sheets and blew up thin plywood, making the painting much quicker.


Ms. Mizer (bathrobe, center) and cast singing Three is a Magic Number  



The Adjective Song

I'm Just a Bill

See the chalkboard?  If somehow the audience was board during the show, they could check out our diagram of the Pythagorean Theorem...


I'm Just a Bill


Ms. Elvis, from Circulation (about the Circulatory System) 

The Circulation Girls from the song, Circulation

Conjunction, Junction, What's Your Function?



Melting Pot


The desks above took FOREVER to paint.  The stage crew kept begging me to ask their teachers if they could use them in their real classes.




Can't remember the song this was from, but I made that costume on the right - it's the Beast's costume, from Beauty and the Beast.  In this play the boy wearing it was playing Thomas Jefferson.
The interjection board in the picture above was actually a blown-up internet picture as well. I think I googled images for "Interjections School House Rock" to get it.


LOVE my planets!  Even though these are blurry, I wanted you to get an idea of what they looked like on stage with the lights off...

Saturn and Jupiter in the center, with Mercury on the left, and Venus on the right

Sorry about the blur...  the Interplanet Janet cast held their planets on poles and circulated around each other with the planets lit up, and the stage lights off...  

Interplanet Janet with stage lights on and camera flash.  I designed the crystals on her costume, too.

Interjections!  (OWWWW, that HURTS!)

Interjections!

Interjections!  I love the look on the girl's face here - it's the same as the original cartoon, she's saying, "OH!  I"VE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED IN ALL MY LIFE!"

Interjections!  Hallelujah!



bows

my AWESOME stage crew

some of the stage crew with two high school helpers

Darn, that's the end...

Hope you liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment