Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


    Ok, so this picture is nothing special, but let me tell you, this smoothie is GOOD.  I just arrived home after picking up the kids from their respective sports practices and I wanted to make them something fast and somewhat healthy.  I just started making these smoothies and everyone LOVES them. I got the basic recipe from my fabulous sister, Veronica (fellow foodie and more more of a health nut than I am…).  I might have changed it a bit from her original, but I think many variants would still be good.  Here's how to whip one up…

1-1/2 frozen bananas
1 heaping tsp. of peanut butter
1 flat tbsp. protein powder (I used vanilla)
1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup milk
5 ice cubes
2 heaping tsp. Nesquick

I put the ingredients in my blender in that order and pulsed until smooth.  This makes about two 8 oz. glasses.  In the future I may substitute Hershey's cocoa for the Nesquick to cut down on the sugar...

Yum.  I whipped up two batches and they are both completely GONE already.  In fact, the second batch was almost all gone when I took this picture.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment