Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

     We had a snow day today.  I always think I'm going to get extraordinary things done when I'm home for a snow day, but I always forget that when it snows, much of your day is taken up with mopping up chunks of snow from the floor and drying everyone's wet clothes.  It was very picturesque outside, but over a foot is a lot of snow!  Just trudging from the back door to the chicken coop to feed the girls this morning was a leg work-out.  (It reminded me of some of those karate warm-ups.)


     So my grandiose plans for the day did not really work out.  I made the pot of tomato sauce minus the lasagna, and I also intended to sew at least one giant mushroom for the play today (please tell me, what was I thinking?), but since my compatriot, the set construction guy, did not yet construct the frame, I thought maybe I should hold off so I don't make my mushroom cap too small.  Last night, before the snow started, I DID finally buy some material.  Here's what I got:

     The red is for the mushroom.  The very light green is for spots on the mushroom and the beige (looks kinda white in this picture) is for the fins (flaps?  gills?) under the mushroom cap. The green was just barely a yard, and I got 10 yards each of the other two colors. With the elastic and the tax, it came to 21.00 and change.  Gotta love Wal-Mart for that!  Even so, I don't think I'm going to be able to make many mushrooms from this, since the mushroom I have in mind has to function something like a very large ottoman.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully, tomorrow afternoon I start sewing.    

2 comments:

  1. I agree with making big plans for snow days and not completing them! I did make my chicken soup, did few loads of laundry...then took a nap!
    Good luck with your set design project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will definitely be posting updates!

    ReplyDelete