Friday, May 18, 2012

The best part of my day...



DISCLAIMER:  I was not paid for this endorsement of these yummy cupcakes, nor was I offered any cupcakes as payment for such, however, I would happily scarf down any cupcakes offered to me...

It's never a good when things seem to be going drastically wrong before 8:00 am...  sometimes when this happens, I try to think positively (yes, my glass is half full, but full of what?) philosophically, (what is this teaching me about my innermost self?) or I go for the Zen approach (for every bad day, a good day is surely coming).

And then sometimes I just want to throw something. 

So there I was, in the midst of having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, when someone came into my office and informed me that there were cupcakes downstairs.  

"Go get some, quick, before there's no more left!"  She had a plateful of selections (the small, dainty sized cupcakes) and she offered me one, but I was trying to be strong.  "That's sweet of you, but no thanks."

My attempt at resisting was a futile, pointless effort, though.  My day was sucking so far, and the cupcakes were calling my name.  I had tasted these cupcakes before and they were 

AWESOME!!  

When I got to the faculty room, it was a BANQUET of cupcakes, and let's be honest, who can stay in a bad mood when there are cupcakes around?  



I chose one of the pink ones (chocolate raspberry, and you could see the raspberry chunks inside!)

Yum, yum, YUM.

These are, seriously, the best cupcakes I've ever had and according to my sister, we were raised in a  "foodies" family - we know good food.   Not that I won't eat a bad cupcake once in a while, but I know a good one when I taste one.  

These cupcakes are made by Sweetie Pi Cupcakes.  I told my friend Lech (creator of Sweetie Pi cupcakes) that her cupcake was the best part of my day, and I meant it.  Here's a link to her website, in case you want to check them out for yourself. 



Happy weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment