Saturday, February 6, 2021

100 Day Project - Day 6 (a little late) Something to Think About


I took this screenshot from a downloaded book called The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz with Janet Mills.  It reminded me of people I know who are involved in consistently challenging relationships.  "why am I being treated this way?" is their central question, and yet, they just keep taking it.  I had always been puzzled by the WHY of this, and then I read the circled passage.  I recognize plenty of times in my past when I have been my own worst enemy - harder on myself than other people were on me, so maybe when I was treated badly, it felt sort of... inevitable.  I've improved in that arena, though.  I've become kinder to myself, and maybe that's why I'm less tolerant of people who don't treat me very well.  I determined I would be my own advocate instead of my own critic.  Life is too short, and there are may opportunities for positive relationships out there. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment