Saturday, February 6, 2021

100 Day Project - Day 7 There’s Nothing Like a Dog



I don’t understand people who don’t like dogs. Cats are amusing, entertaining, can be great companions and I do like them, but for me, there’s nothing like a dog.  A dog’s focus is you and your world.  They just want to be near you all the time.  If you’re a person who likes your space, this can be irritating.  My husband, for example, frequently gets annoyed by the fact that our two dogs often walk so closely behind him that if he stops short, they bump into his legs.  Most of the time, I just find this amusing.  


When you’re not feeling well, a dog is there for you, looking into your eyes adoringly, because you are the center of their universe.  “I’m here for ya, mom,” their eyes seem to say.  They will lie on the couch with you throughout your days of sloth or illness, play with you when you’re feeling peppy, and bring you a toy when they think you need a little fun in your life.  My only complaint about dogs, is they don’t live nearly long enough.  Like peonies, they provide us with so much joy, but their season is relatively short.  Luckily, I hope to have a lot more years ahead with this one, and my other girl as well.  When their times come, I'm sure I'll cry like a baby, but rest assured that I learned something about love through their presence in my life.  And even though their time on earth is so much shorter than I'd like, does that make them any less worth having?  

No. Way.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment