Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gem and Mineral Show



I went to a gem and mineral show this weekend.  I used to go to these things very often when I used to make beaded jewelry.  Now I just go to oogle the jewelry and buy stuff I'm never going to make into anything.

I'm being honest, here.

I thought I'd bring the kids with me but they were too interested in sleeping until noon.

Here's what they missed:

A gigantic fossilized dinosaur foot. 

... a jawbone with teeth and tusks attached.  Cool.


No, it's not turds.  It's a group of dinosaur eggs. 


An Irish Elk.  


Shark Teeth.  There was also a REALLY big tooth - about 8-12 inches across.  Don't know why I didn't take a picture of that - sorry.  What was I thinking?


On second thought, I was probably thinking about this. Sterling silver with an amber center.

Or THIS, my favorite of the day.  

I think it's supposed to be horse stirrups, which is cool.  $180.00 cool, which was too cool for my budget.  I guess I was so excited, I couldn't hold the phone still enough to take a good picture.

So long, stirrup bracelet, maybe I'll run into you again at the next show.  It was nice wearing you for a minute...

And now you know why I usually just call these events JEWELRY shows. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment